Anti RaggingClick To Download
Ragging as we all know, is social interaction between seniors and juniors in schools and colleges. An interaction which can take very brutal, inhuman and anti-social form at times. Even some of the highly reputed colleges and institutions have a terrible history of ragging. Looking at all this, Anti-Ragging Laws are now very much necessary.
The central legislation which check the practice of ragging in India are :
- Indian Penal Code
- UGC Regulations On Curbing The Menace Of Ragging In Higher Educational Institutions, 2009
- Other institute specific regulations
Indian Penal Code
There are provisions in the IPC which can be used by a student to register an FIR in the nearest Police Station These regulations were passed by the University Grants Commission in the year 2009 to curb the menace of ragging in the Universities in India.
It talks about the measures for prevention of ragging at the institution level. It lays down the steps an institution has to follow during the admission and registration process. A student during the admission process has to file an affidavit along with his parents/guardian’s signature, stating that he will not be ragging other students directly or indirectly. Also, the institution has to publish the names and contact numbers of Anti-ragging committee of the university.
Every fresh student admitted to the institution shall be given a printed leaflet detailing to whom he/she has to turn to for help and guidance for various purposes including addresses and telephone numbers, so as to enable the student to contact the concerned person at any time.
Anti Ragging Committee will comprise of following faculties.
- Mr. Amiteshwardayal Tiwari, Lecturer in Physics
- Mr. Raviteja, Lecturer in Mathematics
- Mr. Drushtant Butch, Lecturer in Biology
Process of Leaving College in the middle of course
- A candidate seeking cancellation of admission shall pay full fees without any concession
- There will not be any refund of fees against cancellation of admission if he / she have been admitted through Student Online Saral Data Portal. He / She have to pay total fees as per Deputy Director Education Office notification.